Thursday, March 18, 2010

its a beautiful day






So since its "suppose" to snow this Saturday and it was a nice day today I figured we would try out a new park. We drove through Antioch park the other day to see what was even there anymore. They had neat stuff when I was a kid but it seemed better than i remembered after they took out some of the best club houses they use to have. My mom Addi and Josh met us. Josh has been staying at my parents house during the day because he was been off and rather not be at home by himself. We attempted to eat our lunch before we played. But Himani was too interested in playing. I wasn't sure if she would play because there were TONS of kids there. And usually if theres any1 else at a park while we are there she just stands there and watches them. She did pretty good playing but this little boy kept standing in front of the top of the slide and she was getting mad he wouldn't go. There wasn't enough baby swings there. We had to take our turns there was a bunch of older kids goofing around on them. Then we walked through all the little buildings/club houses they had there. Then we walked to the pond to check out the ducks. After playing Himani scarfed down her sandwich and raisins and took a long nap. The picture of HImani sitting on the log looking thing. It was suppose to be a horse. I guess that 1 lost its head. There was another 1 with the head still attached but there was too many kids crawling all over it.

UPDATE ON ABC'S: HImani repeats the letters but isn't really recognizing them. I think she is starting to get "O" though.

UPDATE ON COLORS: Everything is "pink" to her. I was thinking she really knew what pink was. But then she starting calling everything pink. Maybe she does. Or maybe that's her favorite color. But I asked her to get a pair of white socks out. She grabbed every other color once and then red about 5xs. O well we are getting there. She can repeat the basic colors anyways.

UPDATE ON MUSIC: I have been trying to listen more to the kiddy songs with her just so she knows what they are and maybe learn a simple song to sing soon. She likes doing the hand gestures with it. Lina's sister gave me the idea of looking up those songs on youtube and having a video to go along with it. So we do that sometimes and I get youtube on my phone, so thats nice. She doesn't really sing along with them other than ABC when we sing the alphabet. On the way home from the park "Kashmir" by Led Zeppelin was on. She bobbed her head through the whole song. Thats the first I have seen her do that through an entire song. for the most part Himani has good taste in music so far.

UPDATE ON SHAPES: She recognizes stars and starting to recognize circles. Sometimes she says circle or sometimes she says ball. close enough for right now.

UPDATE ON EATING: still doesn't want to eat. even when chocolate is given to her.

UPDATE ON TALKING: she will say anything except "I love you" and "flower". Although I think she was attempting to say "love" today. She repeated something after me, but it didnt sound like love. She says "looonnng neck" for giraffe. how cute.

UPDATE ON PEOPLE SHE MISSES: She still asks where Masi went. She asks for meme and papa everyday. Today she said papa took a nap. And the other day she thought every truck that drove by was Gigi and George.

No comments:

Post a Comment